Time sure does pass whilst you are having fun!
We got another interview a while ago and well forgot to mention in on our cheer-leading wall! Head onto Readers Inspired and read our interview and also find out about more kids books that celebrate African authors and African book characters in leadership positions. Aminata has taken time to profile a few authors and compile books that cater to chocolate flavoured people.
So if you have been having difficulty in sourcing diverse and inclusive children’s books, look no further than Readers Inspired.
I know they are not Martin Luther King kind of dreams but I thought I would put it out for the universe to digest and hopefully fulfill. One day I will reflect and hopefully tick all of them off woohoo.
I have a dream,
– that one day Losika Writes will be as well known as Penguin books, Oxford books etc
– that people will support small businesses just as much as they support the billion dollar companies that don’t represent them or even invest back in them
– that one day Losika Writes will have a variety of mediums through which we can disseminate all the well known but also lesser known beautiful languages
– that one day our kids will proudly speak Setswana/Ndebele/Zulu etc as we often see people speaking Spanish/Italians without having the pressure to speak English because they are talking to non-Africans. Imagine Miss Universe Botswana answering the questions at hand in Setswana, how cool would that be?
– that we invested in the education of our little ones from preschool age and not think it was only right for them to see one language as they are developing their own
Those are my dreams for Losika Writes and the brainchild behind this seemingly crazy venture so support and help the dreams become reality.
You are never given a dream without being given the power to make it come true.
We celebrate all milestones and this one is no exception.
We have been featured on MamaMag Eastside issue for April/May 2018 discussing the importance of “Keeping Language alive.” Grab your copy/read our article online and please support Losika Writes as we strive to celebrate our language diversity.
Our books are available as English only text or bilingual (Tswana/English and Ndebele/English books)
Losika Writes website – www.losikawrites.com
MamaMag link – Keeping Language Alive – page 42
You must be logged in to post a comment.